Saturday, April 16, 2011

Meet me in the love room

Today's drunk poetry is best read while listening to Yello's "Oh Yeah" from the Ferris Bueller soundtrack.

Dianasaurus Ross
In the good old days
there were no people.
Just long necks
and three horns
And love?
Never measured
in shitty wax chocolates.
No sir.
you could say it all
with tree stars,
finding your way to the GV,
where love blooms
under the sweet shade
of Diana Ross’s
massive fro
(she’s really old).
Oh, yeah…

So I have this friend. He's a very sexual person (not a bad thing, usually), and apparently he always has been. When he was about 6-years-old, he had a favorite stuffed animal - Littlefoot from TLBT. It was a very attractive stuffed animal. Very plush and snuggly. So lovable, in fact, that after a while, Littlefoot developed severe scoliosis from my friend's intensive cuddling. But that was okay because it was from love.

One day my friend's mother was cleaning up his bedroom. My friend was going to get around to it, but his mother was being unreasonably impatient about it, so she had taken matters into her own hands - much to her regret...

While she was cleaning, she came across a little note on the floor next to my friend's bed. It read exactly as follows:
"Littlefoot,
meet me in the love room.
SEX"
Now, rather than appreciating her son's advanced spelling skills, she got very flustered, full of parental concern. She burst into the living room where my friend was happily watching Eureka's Castle.
"What is this?" she asked, waving the note in the air.
My friend tried to play it cool. "It's just from a game I was playing."
"'Littlefoot, meet me in the love room. SEX.'???" she read the note out loud. "What kind of game were you playing, and where did you get the idea to play it!?"
My friend began to panic. "That's not what it says!" he cried, blushing. He pointed out that the "X" in "SEX" was clearly just a lower-case "t" that had gone a little wonky.
"It says 'SEt' - like a TV SEt! We were just going to watch TV!"
"In the love room?"
"...It says 'SEt'! Not the other word!"
"Yes, but why in the love room?"
"I don't know, that's just what it says!"
"But why did you write it!?"
"...Look, it's just a 't'!"

After a few more minutes of this back and forth, my friend still refused to back down from his explanation. His mother eventually gave up, and she probably spent the next ten years in fear that her son had a sexual interest in dinosaurs.

Fortunately, my friend's exploits in the love room with Littlefoot came to an end. It was just a phase. He has since moved beyond dinosaurs and has now settled on a sexual interest in other men. Especially if they are men wearing dinosaur costumes.

2 comments:

Der Orgelspieler said...

Hmm, SP, this can't possibly be *you* could it? I think we've had conversations similar to this one. Love the post (as always).

Rob said...

So Mr. Poet, which mask do you wear the most for him? T Rex or Steggy?